This website is mainly for opticians. But I also welcome the public to check it out. As mentioned in my lectures, I improved the features of an existing lens on the market to prevent myopia from getting worse: an ortho K lens. The patient would sleep with them on throughout the night—every night. In contrast, the wearing duration of an ortho C lens is about 5 minutes, and the goal of the wearing frequency is once ever 3 to 6 months.
An ortho C lens attends to the whole eye by drawing on the cornea whereas an ortho K lens attempts to flatten the cornea by pressing against it. An ortho C lens is not as flat as an ortho K lens. Therefore, the cornea remains unchanged to allow a constant draw. An ortho C lens is not a visual aid. It is comparable to a medical device. It does not apply physiotherapy. The treatment is a neurological process. The intention is to reduce the elongated myopic eye. The theory behind the treatment is contained in my books listed below.
Treating pediatric myopia demonstrates the theory more effectively (Yee, 2020). The synchronization between the lens and eyeball was severed once myopia sets in (Mutti et al., 2012). When the ortho C lens reinstates the correct neuromotor response to synchronize the lens and the eye, it also restores the developmental process. The development of the eye contributes to the treatment (Yee, 2022).
According to the latest research, the pediatric participants only wore the lenses at the beginning of their scheduled follow-up periods for 5 minutes. Their visual acuity would register an improvement, and they were able to retain the improvement by the end of each follow-up period. In some cases, the visual acuity would further improve.
Any questions about the design and application of the lenses, contact:
Published Journal Articles by John William Yee
- Correcting Mild Myopia by Means of Orthoculogy, 2011, Medical Hypothesis, Elsevier URL: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21106303/
- Correcting Corneal Astigmatism by Reinstating the Correct Neuromuscular Message, 2012, Medical Hypothesis, Elsevier URL: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22770871/
- Correcting Lenticular Astigmatism by Reinstating the Correct Neuromuscular Message, 2013, Medical Hypothesis, Elsevier URL: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23639283/
- Eyestrain and Progressive Myopia: A Minus Lens Induces Asthenopia at The Near Range by Interfering with the Development of the Eye, 2013, OA Medical Hypothesis URL: OA Medical Hypothesis (researchgate.net)
- Neurological Implications in the Treatment of Myopia by Means of Orthoculogy, 2014, Journal of Neurology and Neurophysiology DOI: 10.4172/2155-9562.1000257
Published Books by John William Yee
- The Neurological Treatment for Nearsightedness and Related Vision Problems, 2020, Apple Academic Press, Palm Bay, Florida URL: www.appleacademicpress.com/title.php?id?=9781771887328
- Dealing with Nearsightedness during Development (and Post-Development), 2022, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, Newcastle, UK (Yee, 2022). URL: https://www.cambridgescholars.com/product/978-1-5275-8212-5/